Iran and our world today
The sanctions against Iran may soon be coming to an end. The U.S. prepares to lift bans on the country, in a move to resume compliance with Iran nuclear deal.
US and Iranian officials are pointing to Saudi Arabia and Israel, for undermining nuclear talks in Vienna, citing a ship attack in the Red Sea, according to the Wall Street Journal.
Our World Today
- New video posted by Andrew Quinn, show riots in Ireland. A bus was hijacked then set on fire, as crowds cheered in Belfast.
- Video posted by The Sun, shows Extinction Rebellion activists using hammers and chisels to smash windows of the Barclays Bank Head Quarters, in London.
- Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen says she is working with G-20 countries to create a “global minimum corporate tax”. Hoping to carve a path to a long-sought-after deal, updating international tax rules.
- China sends more fighter jets into the air defense zone of Taiwan. However Taiwan threatens they will shoot down the Chinese drones in South China Sea.
- According to AXIOS News, the U.K. covid variant is 50% more transmissible and likely causes more severe disease. In addition, the CDC Director says the UK variant (B-1-1-7) is now the dominate strain in the US. AXIOS is currently running a live up-to-date“coronavirus variants tracker”.